Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Taking the plunge...

So a few weeks ago my sister showed me the blog she's been writing this summer, and I mocked her mercilessly, if not to her face then at least in my head. Then I became jealous. It seems that when I wasn't looking, she snuck up on me and jerked the nerd mantle clean off my shoulders. At some point I got complacent in my nerdishness. Eased off on the video games. Migrated away from the sci-fi section at Barnes and Noble. So I decided to concentrate this summer on reclaiming my throne. Three seasons of Battlestar Galactica, a few evenings with Isaac Asimov and one Transformers opening night later, by my calculations, I am roughly one blog away from nerdom once more.

Once the decision was made, it didn't take much to get started. All I needed was a name. A name. A word or phrase that screams me. The first thing anyone reading this will see. And judge me by. I came up with some clever ideas, if I do say so myself. Puns, literary allusions, song lyrics and the like. Problem was, none of them really struck my fancy. So I settled on this one. Not that I am in love with it, but it cuts to the chase. I read a lot. I run a lot. So there you have it. No riddles, no deep personal insights, no social commentary.

And no it's not some odd attempt at a Beatles reference.

0 Comments:

 

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks